This is a very simple recipe, but one that I really like, so I figured I’d share it anyway. It’s a personal favorite when served with beef stroganoff, but of course is good any time you want some green beans that aren’t as boring as usual.
The end result is green beans with a pleasant nutty taste, and the lemon juice really compliments the almonds.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- Â½ lemon
or 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Â¼ cup salted butter
- Â½ cup sliced almonds
- Boil or steam fresh green beans as desired. While the green beans are cooking, prepare the almonds:
- Melt butter in small saute pan over medium to high heat.
- When butter is hot, add juice from half a lemon, or lemon juice to the pan.
- Add almonds and stir constantly until almonds are browned.
- Place cooked green beans in a serving dish, then pour almonds and butter/lemon juice over the green beans before serving.